Keyshia Cole is on the cover of Sister 2 Sister’s October issue.
She’ll no doubt get the patented Jamie Brown lengthy, chit chat style interview.
It’s going to be a family affair; in a leaked excerpt Keyshia Cole’s sister Neffe is also quoted. She’s sick and tired of the funny little names people have taken to calling her on the web and apparently on the California streets.
It’s one reason why she has moved in with Keyshia Cole.
Is that an old story being retold?
Not sure. It sounds like you’d find her answering the door if you rang Keyshia’s doorbell.
Maybe with a glass of the tough stuff.
- Jamie: Did Keyshia call you up and invite you to come over? How did it happen [that you moved in with her]?
- Neffe: No, actually my mom had came to visit and I had just left my husband because I had recently found out that he had been sleeping with my first cousin for a year.
- Jamie: What?!
- Neffe: I was a little resentful about moving because I’ve been in California for so long and I didn’t want to come and be dependent on my sister. That’s just not me. But I needed to make that move because I was on the verge of having a breakdown. ... Everyone was thinking, oh she’s drunk, oh she’s an alcoholic. Not knowing that behind the scenes I was actually going through something.
- Jamie: I’m sure they knew you were going through something.
- Neffe:I don’t think they did. Like when I’m out in the public and they go, “‘There’s Keyshia Cole’s sister,” or “You’re the crazy one. You have a shot of Patron today?” Who wants to hear that?